Senior Software Engineer, AI
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer, AI to join us. In this role you’ll join a team of world-leading experts in machine learning, computer vision and pathology. You’ll be part of the team that builds solutions for pathologists, clinicians and researchers to accelerate and improve the accuracy of cancer detection, classification and staging. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
This position can be fully remote for candidates based in Germany.
- Drive development of machine learning tooling and infrastructure to improve the scale and efficiency of machine learning development.
- Identify and evaluate new patterns and technologies to improve performance, maintainability and traceability of our machine learning systems.
- Work closely with scientists as well as engineers to support planning, developing, training and testing machine learning models for the purposes of computational pathology while leveraging and championing software engineering best practices.
- Participate in driving the whole product development life cycle from high uncertainty research and experimentation to deployment in production and maintenance.
- Mentor engineers to foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Extensive experience working in a team implementing and evaluating deep neural networks, especially for computer vision tasks.
- Extensive experience in Python development.
- Experience collaborating with teams or people who are implementing and evaluating deep neural networks, especially for computer vision tasks
- Extensive experience with machine learning development tooling.
- Extensive experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with parallelization, threading and concurrency problems.
- Experience with design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer.