Staff Software Engineer, Backend Services
Eastern Canada (Remote)
We’re seeking a Staff Software Engineer, Backend Services to join our Case Management Team. In this role you’ll lead the design and implementation of new high-impact features in backend services that manage clinical cases and help optimize pathology workflows. You will lead large scale technical projects and collaborate closely with multiple teams.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing cross-disciplinary team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
This position can be fully remote for applicants based on the East Coast of Canada.
· Lead architecture and development of scalable, reliable and high-performance cloud applications and services.
· Define technical vision and expertise across multiple teams
· Enhance current products and services to best serve our customers, implement and test new features ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. security, auditability, regulatory) are met
· Build solutions in line with Paige’s software architecture based on microservices pattern
· Apply and improve software development best practices such as automated testing, DevOps, monitoring
· Collaborate and communicate across multiple disciplines, levels, and teams
· Mentor and train other team members with varying skill levels and experiences
· Lead incident investigation and resolutions
· Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
· You have a minimum of 8 years’ experience as an Engineer in commercial settings, building cloud-native applications and services
· Extensive experience leading the design and implementation of scalable solutions with modern architecture patterns and paradigms such as microservices, event-driven architecture, containerization (e.g. Docker, ContainerD), container orchestration (Kubernetes or equivalent), multi-region and high availability
· Extensive experience with Python (Django, Flask, Sanic)
· Extensive experience with NoSQL (e.g. Redis, MongoDB) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
· Experience with debugging and observability software (e.g. logging, metrics, alerting)
· Extensive experience with software testing (unit, integration, performance , and API testing)
· You have outstanding communication skills, and you are comfortable talking to both a technical and a non-technical audience
· You enjoy working on cross-disciplinary and agile teams.
· You hold a minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
· You are authorized to work in the United States or Canada.