Senior Backend Engineer
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We’re seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Case Management Team. In this role you’ll refine, design and implement new features in backend services that manage clinical cases and help optimizing pathology workflows.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing cross-disciplinary team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
This position can be fully remote for US based applicants.
- Architect and develop scalable, reliable and high-performance cloud applications and services.
- Maintain and enhance current products and services to best serve our customers
- Build solutions in line with Paige’s software architecture based on microservices pattern
- Implement and test new features while applying software development best practices such as automated testing, DevOps, monitoring
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to define technical solutions within the digital pathology field
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
- Mentor and train less experienced team members
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Engineer in commercial settings, building cloud-native applications and services with Python (Django, Flask, sanic)
- Extensive experience with NoSQL (e.g. Redis, MongoDB) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, ContainerD) and container orchestration (Kubernetes or equivalent)
- Experience with debugging and observability software (e.g. logging, metrics, alerting)
- Extensive experience with software testing (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, API testing).
- You enjoy working on cross-disciplinary and agile teams.
- You hold a minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.