Senior AI Scientist
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We’re looking for a Senior AI Scientist to join us. In this role you’ll be part of a team of world-leading experts in machine learning, computer vision and pathology.
In this role you’ll conduct publishable deep learning research using some of the largest digital pathology datasets in the world. You’ll be working to save lives by improving the accuracy of cancer detection, classification, and treatment outcome.
This position is fully remote for candidates based in Belfast.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team consisting of experts in software engineering, data science, pathology, AI, and pathology. In this team, you will apply your expertise in applied AI research to develop production-level systems that operate on gigapixel pathology imagery
- Work with our AI Scientists and Engineers to develop and analyze large-scale deep neural network models
- Analyze results and system behavior, and communicate your findings
- Help author top-tier journal and conference papers on your research at Paige
- PhD degree in computer science or related field
- Three or more years of industry experience after completing a doctoral degree conducting applied research using deep learning for computer vision applications, including bringing systems to production
- Strong skills in communicating and analyzing scientific results in written, oral, and presentation forms
- Experience in the machine learning lifecycle from ideation and exploration to releasing and maintaining quality AI systems
- Highly motivated
- Publication record in venues such as CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, TPAMI, ICLR IJCV, MICCAI, MIDL, etc.
- Strong Python coding skills
- Highly experienced with using deep learning toolboxes such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- You are authorized to work in Belfast/Northern Ireland