Clinical Sales Manager, Central
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We are seeking a Clinical Sales Manager, Central to join our team for the central United States. As an Account Executive, you will be establishing the initial install base for Paige in an assigned geographic area by converting early beta sites to customers and by building new deals with hospitals and private labs. Working closely with key stakeholders across the company, you will be responsible for establishing a clinical sales pipeline, negotiating and closing deals. This is a hands-on position in a dynamic company and fast-growing market.
As a Clinical Sales Manager, you will:
- Provide AI and digital pathology business solutions to hospital and laboratory professionals.
- Generate leads and follow up on leads that come from other team members
- Proactively develop and close clinical deals by leveraging personal and professional networks
- Attend events that drive new business
- Present our product and technology to potential clients
- Meet or exceed sales targets agreed with leadership
- Forecast and report regularly to the senior management team
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, introduce new products and services to clients, ensuring positive outcomes against the strategic plan
- Proactively identify sales pipeline risks and develop mitigation plans
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly marketing, product and leadership
- Serve as a voice of the customer of all challenges/opportunities that exist within their areas
- Ensure compliance with appropriate statutes for clinical engagement
- Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Utilize pathology and workflow understanding and experience while discussing the healthcare payer environment and its impact on physicians and ancillary providers.
- Understand information technology and how it interfaces with physician office systems. Able to demo different Paige technology solutions, i.e. Paige viewer, LIS connectivity, etc and advise on hardware & software to enhance work flow efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain "core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts as related to support ongoing issues, and escalate support issues when customer satisfaction is jeopardized.
- Demonstrate "core" level knowledge of anatomical pathology, technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, on the job training, in house literature, marketing material, and sales brochures.
- Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge and be a self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, which must include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. General working knowledge of Internet for business use.
- Demonstrated ability to positively receive and respond to feedback for improvement and development.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, deadline driven environment.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Contracting – familiarity with hospital contracting and negotiations to assist customer support team on partnership agreement pull through and customer success.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
- KOL Development – building strong relationships with area Thought Leaders in pathology to assist in national advocacy.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of successful laboratory, pathology, or diagnostic sales experience (product and/or service).
- Willingness to travel 50%+
- Experience with digital pathology and/or advanced software applications in a clinical setting
- Previous SaaS or LIS Sales preferred.