Director of People Operations
New York, New York, United States
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We are seeking an accomplished Director of People Operations to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing Paige team members across our multinational team through an exciting period of growth. You will report directly to our VP of Finance & Operations. Working closely with key stakeholders across the business, you will lead our People team to support the business in all people matters.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a high-performing team that’s deeply mission-driven.
We are all working remotely, but when it’s safe to return you will join our NYC team in our stunning midtown office.
As Director of People Operations you will:
- Lead our Human Resources Team with oversight of all company people matters.
- Work closely with our legal team to design and implement HR policies and procedures that ensure we remain complaint with regulatory bodies.
- Lead efforts to assess and improve employee engagement and wellbeing.
- Oversee the learning and development of team members.
- Own employee lifecycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, leaves of absences and compliance.
- Provide guidance on business unit reorganization, workforce planning and succession planning, at an international level.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of a new HRIS to replace the multiple systems that we currently use to manage our team.
- Plan and oversee our transition to in-house administration of payroll for our US team, when the time is right.
- Serve as an employee advocate and support system, soliciting feedback and utilizing data to enhance our culture, values and the Paige employee experience.
- Support people programs involving employee experiences, virtual events, learning & development, performance management, employee relations and recognition programs.
- Design and implement programs that reinforce our values and culture.
- Manage Paige’s employer brand positioning on all platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Angelist, Careers page of company website)
- Serve as a thought leader and advisor for leadership and management on diversity and inclusion.
- You have previously filled a similar role for a minimum of 5 years in a fast-growth company.
- You have 10+ years’ experience managing HR matters within the United States and ideally also in the United Kingdom as we look to expand in the region.
- You have previously worked in a mix of early stage startups as well as large corporations.
- You have previously worked at a company that creates software.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other certifications are a plus
- You are deeply committed to driving diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- A passion for always being in-the-know on the latest employment and recruiting trends and best practices
- A collection of experiences where your ability to be resilient, adaptable, tenacious, creative, and driven have been critical to your success
- You have the proven ability to gather and leverage data and use logic to provide insights for key decisions, with a willingness and ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions ethically and rationally.
- You are experienced in leveraging digital technologies to gain efficiencies and to make organizations more effective and connected.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves with a ‘can do’ approach.