Senior Software Engineer
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer who enjoys creating scalable and interoperable applications. In this role you will build software and platforms that will allow us to upload data from hospitals into the cloud, connect Paige and hospital systems in ways that enhance pathologists’ workflow, and work with a diverse array of leading-edge technologies along the way.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique and varied technical challenges!
This is a work-from-home position that can be based from anywhere in the Ukraine.
- Build robust, scalable and interoperable applications and services that can ingest and transfer very large amounts of data (including large image files for digital pathology) outside of the hospital ecosystem and running on thin virtual appliances.
- Develop software that monitors and integrates seamlessly with databases, HL7 feeds, XML notifications and can access various file systems.
- Build cloud services to support ingestion of images and associated metadata.
- Provide support for your product and applications by being the point of contact for various IT teams at hospitals.
- Implement new features while applying software development and security best practices.
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team.
- 5+ years’ experience as an engineer building software that is made to be run 24/7.
- Strong proficiency in Python.
- Strong knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, microservices and microservices paradigms (Domain-Driven-Design, etc.)
- Deep understanding of virtual appliances and Unix / Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (eg. unit testing, regression testing).
- Experience working in an agile team.
Nice to have
- Understanding of clinical workflows.
- Prior working experience with DICOM files and/or HL7 feeds for medical image data.
- Prior usage of Mirth Connect, or equivalent