Senior Cyber Security Cloud Architect
Remote (United Kingdom)
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product. Paige has also received FDA-clearance for our digital viewer, FullFocus™. We have also established multiple relationships with biopharma, laboratory, and equipment manufacturers that enables Paige to develop an ecosystem ready to help patients receive better diagnoses and treatment.
We’re seeking an experience Senior Cyber Security Cloud Architect to augment DevSecOps practices, principles, and design to our enterprise. You will join the team responsible for implementing a security roadmap, analyzing the security of applications and services, uncovering and remediating security issues, and implementing security automations.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Design, architect, implement and test backend cybersecurity cloud infrastructure in AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Write requirements, design specifications and test plans for embedded and cloud components.
- Analyze threats & vulnerabilities and perform risk assessments on security mechanisms, including docker and Kubernetes.
- Work with security vendors and partners on the successful planning and implementation of critical security tooling and platforms.
- Participate in and influence development of security roadmaps across the enterprise
- Evaluate new security technologies for adoption across the enterprise.
- Drive adoption of security best practices and embedded cloud security controls as part of the SDLC - “shift left”.
- Conduct internal vulnerability testing using leading industry tools.
- Document, maintain and help implement security policies and practices.
- Report to Engineering management on security gaps, issues, failures, or concerns of established application or infrastructure frameworks and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, including recommendation.
- Perform code reviews and work directly with developers to ensure effective and secure code development practices.
- Create security specifications, develop processes, and evaluate tools to assist in the secure development of applications and services.
- Implement security automation and frameworks for code quality and testing.
- Assist in the implementation of security-related product features like authentication, cryptography, etc.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration testing and present assessment reports to clearly document security findings with reasonable methods to secure.
- Participate in product design meetings providing insight and direction related to application security risks.
- Implement DevSecOps practices that focus on automation to improve efficiency of testing and remediation of findings.
- Monitor the security community regularly for public-facing security issues, as well as new testing tactics.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating successfully with engineering teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s in Computer Science, engineering, information systems or related field.
- 5+ experience in the cloud security architect and security engineering space.
- 5+ years’ direct experience in securing cloud networks, web applications, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation, and security policy and standards development.
- Proven ability to build, manage and monitor mission critical environments.
- Strong knowledge of cloud offerings, able to design and implement comprehensive security solutions.
- Strong with AWS security services.
- Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with security controls related to docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with security in serverless architecture and application designs.
- Solid understanding of application security vulnerabilities (OWASP top 10) and countermeasures to reduce related risks.
- Strong experience of application penetration testing, common vulnerability analysis techniques and information security threat vectors.